Friday, September 5, 2008
We made it two months!
We did it we have made it two month, well almost! I wish I could say time has flew but I can't I thought it had been at least three months until I looked at the calendar and realized we just barely started September. I was talking to my friend the other day and said whenever I start to think this isn't so bad I think I can start to like it then something happens and I think I just want to go home. (Saint George home that is). I miss Saint George desperately. I keep hoping Utah will all of a sudden pull money from somewhere and pay their teachers more. But looking at the bright side of things there are a lot of things that we like better here. It seems like we never have a dull moment here. We have a lot of things real close that we can go and do. We still haven't even made it to the beach yet we are hoping that we will get a chance tomorrow. Keep our fingers crossed. We live in a really nice area where it seems like they are doing something every weekend for those that don't want to even leave the area or in our circumstance it is the end of the month and we are low on money. Ryan loves the ward out here. He loves that the members are so strong and that many of them are converts. It has been fun to see them grow in the gospel which in turn makes you grow in the gospel. We have Stake Conference on Sunday and we have to go up to Barstow for it. Our community is the closest to Barstow but there are some in our Stake that live about an hour away. To travel from one side of our stake to the other would take about and hour and fifteen minutes. Now that's when it would suck to have a Stake calling. Being out here has made us realize our commitment to the church. I always thought it would be so hard to travel more than fifteen minutes every Sunday to church but it really hasn't been bad. I wish I could say we are on time every week but that would be a big lie. We are on time about half the time. There was only one Sunday that we were really late, we were a half an hour late. Oops! Amrika has learned to deal with her car sickness, so that also makes it easier. Some friends of ours just recently got baptized so that was an awesome experience to be here for that. We still don't have a calling which is very nice, we are trying to relax and enjoy it but we do feel quite vulnerable being out there for anyone to take. I am trying really hard to go for that Primary teacher calling but my hopes are dwindling. There are two openings so hopefully the bishop will just let them have me. All in all it isn't too bad here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment